Boost your mystery shopping success in 2015 with these 10 tips to become a better mystery shopper.
1. Set aside time to take notes. After each mystery shop, allow 15 minutes to take notes while the experience is still fresh in your mind. This way, you’re less likely to forget the details of the interaction when completing the remainder of the assignment.
2. Keep a mystery shop folder. A dedicated space in your home office for your mystery shopping assignments will keep your shops organized. This is especially helpful if you have a busy house!
3. Check for new assignments. Regularly check our job board and SASSIE Shop’s mobile app to stay up-to-date on new mystery shops.
4. Set your own deadline. Take note of deadlines and stay ahead of them by setting personal deadlines for yourself. Set calendar reminders so you’re actively reminded when a report is due.
5. Use memory techniques to remember details.When an employee introduces himself or herself, say their name back to prevent forgetting it. For example: “Hello, Tony! It’s nice to meet you.” The details of a shop can be important in your report, so remember to make a mental note if something stands out to you.
6. Comments are crucial. It is extremely important to provide detailed comments on all shops. If your survey had multiple comment boxes, be sure your comments pertain to the questions above each box. Your comments, along with the answers to your questions, provide a complete summary of what took place during the encounter.
7. Prepare for tomorrow’s shop today. Having less to do the morning of an assignment will help your mind relax and stay focused on the goals of the assignment. Simple things like setting out your clothes and printing directions the night before can make the morning of your assignment go much more smoothly.
8. Schedule more than one assignment per day. If you’re making a trip across town for a shop, make sure you check the job board to see if you qualify for any other shops in the area.
9. Follow Pinnacle Mystery Shopping on Facebook and Twitter. Connecting with us on social media is a great way to learn new mystery shopping techniques. You can even join in the conversation about mystery shopping and share shopping tips with your friends!
10. Have fun! The more you enjoy each assignment, the more successful you will become. Sign up for new mystery shopping assignments on our jobs board today.